Appointment of Non-Executive Director
Volution Group plc (the “Group”, “Company” or “Volution”, LSE: FAN) a leading supplier of ventilation products to the residential and commercial construction markets, announces that Amanda Mellor has been appointed as an independent Non-Executive Director of the Company with immediate effect. Amanda will also join the Audit, Remuneration and Nomination Committees on appointment.
Amanda Mellor is currently the Group Secretary and Head of Corporate Governance of Marks and Spencer Group plc, having previously been Head of Investor Relations at Marks and Spencer and Director of Corporate and Investor Relations at Arcadia Group plc. She spent her early career in investment banking in London and Paris at James Capel and Robert Fleming. Amanda served as a Non-Executive Director and Chairman of the Remuneration Committee at Kier Group plc from 2011 to 2016. She is a member of the Council of Leeds University, where she is also a Visiting Professor at the Institute of Ethics.
Commenting on the appointment, Peter Hill, Chairman of Volution, said:
“We are delighted to welcome Amanda as an Independent Non-Executive Director. She brings to the Board, a broad range of experience in international M&A, retail, shareholder relations, strategy, and governance, gained during a career in retail operations and brands, investment banking and as a Non-Executive Director (in construction). We look forward to working with Amanda and benefiting from her experience. We are confident that she will make a valuable contribution to the Board.”
Volution Group plc
Ronnie George, Chief Executive Officer
+44 (0) 1293 441501
Ian Dew, Chief Financial Officer
+44 (0) 1293 441536
+44 (0) 207 353 4200
James Macey White
Note to Editors:
- There is no additional information to be disclosed in respect of Amanda Mellor pursuant to Listing Rule 9.6.13 (2) to (6).
- At the date of this announcement, Amanda Mellor has no beneficial interests in ordinary shares of Volution.
- Directorships of Publicly Quoted Companies held in the last 5 years:
Kier Group plc
- Volution Group plc (LSE: FAN) is a leading supplier of ventilation products to the residential and commercial construction markets in the UK, the Nordics, Central Europe and Australasia.
- The Volution Group operates through two divisions: the Ventilation Group and the OEM (Torin-Sifan) division. The Ventilation Group consists of 14 key brands - Vent-Axia, Manrose, Diffusion, National Ventilation, Airtech, Breathing Buildings, Fresh, PAX, VoltAir, Welair, inVENTer, Brüggemann, Ventilair and Simx focused primarily on the UK, the Nordic, Central European and Australasian ventilation markets. The Ventilation Group principally supplies ventilation products for residential and commercial ventilation applications. The OEM (Torin-Sifan) division supplies motors, fans and blowers to OEMs of heating and ventilation products for both residential and commercial construction applications in Europe.
- Legal Entity Identifier: 213800EPT84EQCDHO768 For more information, please go to: www.volutiongroupplc.com