Appointment of Claire Tiney as an Independent Non-executive Director
Volution Group plc (the “Group”, “Company” or “Volution”, LSE: FAN) a leading supplier of ventilation products to the residential and commercial construction market, announces that Claire Tiney has been appointed as an independent Non-executive Director of the Company with immediate effect. Claire will also join the Audit, Remuneration and Nomination Committees.
Claire is a highly experienced Director with over 20 years’ experience of Board level roles encompassing Executive and Non-executive positions in blue-chip retailing and property development companies and in the services sector, across the UK and Continental Europe. Her key strengths are in implementing business strategy, with a particular focus on strategic and business development, marketing and change management. Claire has spent 15 years as an Executive Director in a number of retail businesses including Mothercare plc and WH Smith plc. Most recently she was HR Director at McArthurGlen Limited, the developer and owner of designer outlet villages throughout Europe. She is the Senior Independent Non-executive Director and Chair of the Remuneration Committee of Topps Tiles Plc and a Non-executive Director of the privately owned Grey4Gold Limited. Claire will also be appointed as a Non-executive Director of Hollywood Bowl Group plc upon their IPO, and was previously a Non-executive Director of the support and services group Family Mosaic Limited.
Peter Hill, Chairman, commented:
“Claire is a very welcome addition to the Volution Board. Her experience as both an executive and a non-executive director in a variety of sectors, including blue-chip retailing, property development and the services sector, across the UK and Continental Europe will be invaluable to Volution.”
Volution Group plc
Ronnie George, Chief Executive Officer
+44 (0) 1293 441501
Ian Dew, Chief Financial Officer
+44 (0) 1293 441536
James Macey White
+44 (0) 207 353 4200
Note to Editors:
- The following additional information is disclosed in respect of Claire Tiney pursuant to Listing Rule 9.6.13R:
Claire Tiney was a director of two Woolworths Group companies in the twelve month period prior to their entering insolvency proceedings but had formally left the Group ahead of the commencement of any proceedings. The companies were Entertainment UK Ltd and WW Realisation 1 Ltd, which both entered administration on 27 November 2008.
- At the date of this announcement, Claire Tiney has no beneficial interests in ordinary shares of Volution.
- Directorships of Publicly Quoted Companies held in the last 5 years: Topps Tiles Plc.
- Volution Group plc (LSE: FAN) is a leading supplier of ventilation products to the residential and commercial construction market in the UK and northern Europe.
- The Group sold approximately 12.5 million ventilation products and accessories in the six months ended 31 January 2016. The Volution Group operates through two divisions: the Ventilation Group and the OEM (Torin-Sifan) division. The Ventilation Group consists of 11 key brands - Vent-Axia, Manrose, Diffusion, National Ventilation, Airtech, Fresh, PAX, Welair, inVENTer, Brüggemann and Ventilair, focused primarily on the UK, Nordic and central northern European ventilation markets. The Ventilation Group principally supplies ventilation products for residential and commercial ventilation applications. The OEM (Torin-Sifan) division, supplies motors, fans and blowers to OEMs of heating and ventilation products for both residential and commercial construction applications in Europe.
For more information, please go to: http://www.volutiongroupplc.com/